We thought that 2014 would be the perfect year to finally get those book spines cracking and to curl up with the book that you’ve been meaning to read for the longest time but always keep postponing for some unforeseeable moment in the distant future.
Now is the time to get serious and check off that reading list that has been languishing in a forgotten drawer somewhere. This is it!
Here are the detailed guidelines for your participation:
- The Check Off your Reading List Challenge (CORL 2014) would run from January to December 2014. Sign-ups are open until 30 November 2014. It is never too late to have your bookish resolutions.
- There are three levels of participation:
- Level 1 (10 books or less) – Bonafide Bookworm
- Level 2 (11-25 books) – Book Savant
- Level 3 (over 25 Books) – Rabid Bibliophile
- You can come up with your own reading list. It can be as imaginative or as prosaic as you wish it to be.
- The list does not have to consist of actual book titles. It can belong to books coming from a specific genre (e.g. read more picture books this year), from a specific era (e.g. classic children literature from 1800-1950s, best 2013 children’s books), or theme (e.g. award-winning-titles, LGBT issues). Think of it as your bookish resolution for 2014.
- We know that you must be participating in a number of reading challenges, so you’re more than welcome to have your reviewed books overlap with other reading challenges you will be joining for 2014 (we’d probably do the same thing).
- You would have to write your reviews of what you have read for this challenge. The reviews do not have to be long. It could just be one-liners or your starred rating in Goodreads. We would be creating a page where you can put the links up for your reviews
- No, you do not need a blog to participate. Goodreads, Shelfari members are welcome to join – a weblink that leads us to your post should be enough. Or leave a comment in this blog post about your progress.
- How do you sign up? Sign up BELOW if you wish to join in our challenge and include the url/link of your post (not your website) which announces your intention to join in this Reading Challenge – and the level you are aiming for.
Post a Comment